Thursday, March 12, 2009

All that you can't leave behind

We all wanted a perfect ending. Now we have learned, the hard way, that some poetry don't rhyme, some paths are not smooth and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle and end.

We seldom express love and when we do its either too late or the love is vanished. We refrain from confessions. We cant get ourselves to thank someone for being there in need. We forget to appreciate the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth. But may be, this is the time. We talk for hours saying nothing much, in the much sought after gossip room of our hostels. May be this is the time to say something - anything - and make the perfect ending. Because life is about not knowing, not having to change but taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what is going to happen next.

The road has been rough and tough. And I know the heart aches to break away into the freedom, drift far away and never look back again. But memories do ease the pain. And it is up to us to create and filter the memories we would want to hold on. May be the class rooms, the IPs, the mail chains, the parties, the surf baths, the vrindy food and all the bakar sessions. May be all this you will miss and may be all this you can't leave behind...

4 comments:

Amavis said...

It is very true that we cant leave behind any of these memories. What we will leave behind perhaps; are impressions of our souls on minds of each other. The times when we just talked and talked, the times we just listened, the times we just laughed, the times we just sobbed, times when we were just there standing for each other. These are the moments that will remain etched in our minds for lifetime. And this is what each one of us is leaving behind......

Rajat Chowdhary said...

just reminds of a couple of lines

When we've left each friend and brother,
When we're parted wide and far,
We will think of one another,
As even better than we are.
We can burst the bonds which chain us,
Which cold human hands have wrought,
And where none shall dare restrain us
We can meet again, in thought.

So there's no use in weeping,
Bear a cheerful spirit still;
Never doubt that Fate is keeping
Future good for present ill !

Manisha said...

"When twilight drops her curtain down
And pins it with a star
Remember me though I may wander far"

-Why is that the people close to u almost invariably move away at some point or the other?
This is not a generalisation but has happened so many times in my case thats its almost become a pattern..

You've shared your dreams,happiness,laughter et all and yet one fine day u find u're alone..things will never be the same..
The daily banter,opinions,raillery..nothing remains ..
As ur pals go after greener pastures what is it that still lingers on?
Memories - yes
But I guess its much deeper than that - a sense of gratitude for whatever little time your paths crossed.

Suniti Satnalika said...

lovely post... truly said we will miss 'em all, but most importantly we'll have the memories to hold on and feel even more closer...

Nice comments by all..

Here's few lines from one song which one of my frens passed me.. true to heart, true to the time..

"Why! ..."

I was childish and unfair
To you, my only friend
I regret, but now it's too late
I can't show you any more
The things I've learned from you
Cause life just took you away
I'm asking why
I'm asking why
Nobody gives an answer
I'm just asking why
But someday we'll meet again
And I'll ask you
I'll ask you why
Why it has to be like this
I'm asking you why
Please give me an answer
Many years and stupid fights
Till we accept to see
How it was and it'll always be
Why it has to be like this
Why we don't realize
Why we're too blind to see the one
Who's always on our side
I'm asking why
I'm asking why
Nobody gives an answer
I'm just asking why
Just tell me why Why it has to be like this
That the good ones disappear
I'm asking you why
I'm asking why
I'm asking why
Nobody gives an answer
I'm just asking why
I'm asking why